Tagum City – Davao City’s youthful tankers continued their dominance this time adding eight more gold medals to its overall tally, Friday in the ongoing 2019 Batang Pinoy Games Mindanao eliminations at the Tagum City Sports and Tourism complex, here.
Lisa Margarette Amoguis and Juliana Marien Villanueva who earlier had golden finishes in their previous events added one each with Amoguis winning the girls 12 and under 200-meter butterfly and Villanueva duplicating that feat in the girls 15 and under 400-meter freestyle.
Davao’s other golden performances on Friday saw Alissa Ysabelle Lazarraga (girls 13-15 100-meter backstroke), Juan Alessandro Suarez (boys 12 and under 200-meter butterfly), Pietro Dominic Requiza (boys 12 and under 100-meter backstroke) and Enot Ivo Nikolai (boys 13-15 100-meter backstroke).
Much more, these youthful tankers took team gold medals with Shem Gabrielle Bello, Chuck Brylle Amparao, Suarez and Matthieu Adrien Tao winning the boys 15 and under 200-meter 4x50M relay and the cast of Lora Micah Amoguis, Jodie Andrianne Tangtatco, Liaa Amoguis and Maiki Samantha Gonzaga in the girls 15 and under 200-meter 4x50M relay.
Silver finishes saw Lora Amoguis (girls 13-15 100-meter backstroke), Suarez (boys 12 and under 50-meter backstroke), Gonzaga (girls 13-15 50-meter freestyle) and Lazarraga (girls 13-15 200-meter butterfly) while its bronze medal were Wilart Marvee Dayaday (boys 13-15 100-meter backstroke), Maica Angela Garcia (girls 13-15 100-meter breaststroke) and Charles Evan Ubina (boys 13-15 200-meter butterfly).
All 8-4-3 gold, silver and bronze medal count for swimming as of Friday afternoon will add on to the city’s 32-25-41 gold-silver-bronze tally which stands on the top of the team standings. Davao del Norte is at second with 19-18-15 and Koronadal City at third with 19-9-6.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months