Organizer of the 10th Davao Mega Travel Sale are expecting that the three day-event which opens on February 15 will generate about P15 million in sales.
Gian Carlo Caguiat, Davao Travel Agencies Association marketing officer, said during the Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape – Abreeza is expected to attract local travelers as three airlines –Cathay Dragon, Xiamen Air and Silk Air- are expected to join the event at the same mall.
The three will join other airlines that have been among those that participate in the event as the organizers were able to generate about P10 million last year.
“We are very excited now because Davaoeños or Mindanaoans as a whole have a lot of choices in terms of airlines, in terms of destinations,” she added.
Cathay Dragon launched the Davao-Hong Kong service on October 28 while, while two months later, Xiamen Air launched the Davao-Quanzhou connectivity.
Aside from the airlines, other exhibitors include travel agencies, tour operators, airlines, hotels, resorts, and that promote specific destinations.
Joy Loyola, president of the association, said the event will also offer destinations that may lure travelers, among them countries in Europe, Japan, New Zealand and even the Balkans. “There are a lot of emerging destinations,” said Loyola.
Caguiat said that in the past, travelers from the city and the rest of the Philippines would want to collect stamps, at present many visit places to collect visas as many of them want to visit countries that require Visa applications.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success