Tagum City – Karateka Kyzzhia Pauline Navarro led Davao City’s charge with two gold medals while Davao City’s bets in girls indoor volleyball marched their way to the semifinal round in the ongoing 2019 Batang Pinoy Games Mindanao eliminations karatedo championships played at separate venues, here.
Navarro’s two gold medals anchored the city’s overall title hopes with four golds, four bronzes and a lone silver.
The 15 year-old AAK (Association for the Advancement of Karatedo)-Davao had her golden moments in the girls 14-15 years-old intermediate kata and the girls 14-15 years-old -54kg kumite events.
Davao City’s other gold medals came from Azumi Tacay in the girls 12-13 years-old kumite and Alexander Blase in the boys 10-11 years-old intermediate kata.
Its lone silver medal on opening day saw Jireh Badilles in the boys 10-11 years-old advance kata while its bronze medals came from Robert Laurence Avancena (boys 12-13 years-old intermediate kata), Aldrin Solon (boys 14-15 years-old intermediate kata), Gabriel Thomas Cornello (boys 12-13 years-old advance kata) and John Philip Lagandahan (boys 14-15 years-old advance kata).
Davao City marched on to the semifinal round still unbeaten after posting its fourth win in the girls indoor volleyball quarterfinals 25-15, 19-25 and 15-13. They play either Cagayan de Oro City or Kidapawan City in the semifinal round with a victory earning them a finals slot.
The city’s hopes for a possible title are pinned on its cast having Johanna Alcuzar, Jaben David, Katharina Espero, Rosemar Evangelio, Jana Igna, Irina Escandor, Chare Ishel Nablea, Alshaila Noro, Khey Aleck Pablo, Mariane Polancos, Allexa Mae Quilaton and Rika Sasaki with Henry Labio calling the shots.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village