An alleged member of the New People’s Army (NPA) reportedly responsible in killing a datu was arrested in Talaingod, Davao del Norte last week.
Capt. John Louie Dema-ala, the civil- military operations officer, identified him as Arnel E. Solipok, 20, a resident of Sitio Barobo, was arrested during a joint manhunt operation conducted by the police and military teams in Poblacion, Barangay Dagohoy, Talaingod, on Feb. 3 at 9:15 a.m.
Solipok, along with other members of the Guerrilla Front 55 under alias Rommel, was tagged in the death of Datu Banadyao Mampaundag and Jonald Mampaundag Jr. at Purok 9, Sitio Igang, Barangay Palma Gil, Taalaingod, on Feb 4, 2018.
The arrest of Solipok was instigated by four intelligence operatives of the unit and personnel of the Talaingod Police Station.
He’s now detained in the provincial jail of Tagum City, Davao Del Norte.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online