An alleged member of the New People’s Army (NPA) reportedly responsible in killing a datu was arrested in Talaingod, Davao del Norte last week.
Capt. John Louie Dema-ala, the civil- military operations officer, identified him as Arnel E. Solipok, 20, a resident of Sitio Barobo, was arrested during a joint manhunt operation conducted by the police and military teams in Poblacion, Barangay Dagohoy, Talaingod, on Feb. 3 at 9:15 a.m.
Solipok, along with other members of the Guerrilla Front 55 under alias Rommel, was tagged in the death of Datu Banadyao Mampaundag and Jonald Mampaundag Jr. at Purok 9, Sitio Igang, Barangay Palma Gil, Taalaingod, on Feb 4, 2018.
The arrest of Solipok was instigated by four intelligence operatives of the unit and personnel of the Talaingod Police Station.
He’s now detained in the provincial jail of Tagum City, Davao Del Norte.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories