The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has opened a satellite office in the Island Garden City of Samal (IGACOS) to bring government services to the grassroots.
Last Jan. 28, DOLE launched the new office in Barangay San Agustin, Babak District with DOLE XI Regional Director Raymundo Agravante and Assistant Regional Director Jason Balais in attendance.
Officials of the local government also joined the launching.
The office is already in full operation to cater complaints and other issues concerning employment and labor in Samal, an island city of Davao del Norte.
“Of course before they needed to go to the mainland province to file their complaint before the DOLE office in Tagum City,” DOLE XI Communications Officer Eduardo Monreal told TIMES on Monday. “Those days are now gone.”
With the opening of the satellite, it is now more accessible for the employees in the area to process transactions with DOLE.
DOLE XI designated one personnel to manage the satellite office. He is also tasked to conduct orientation and trainings for the employers in Samal to promote stable and just human working conditions with LGU’s assistance.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories