A wounded police officer and civilian supporters got recognition yesterday as the Police Regional Office 11 celebrated the 38th foundation day of the Philippine National Police (PNP) at Camp Sgt. Quintin Merecido in Catitipan, Barangay Communal, Buhangin District.
Police Regional Director Marcelo Morales led the conferment of awards to the honorees who displayed outstanding performance and greatly helped the police in its pursuit of peace and order.
Chief Supt. Morales conferred the Medalya ng Sugatang Magiting to PO3 Leodegario Oding of Digos City Police Station.
Oding was wounded in action during the hot pursuit operation against Jepoy Andas Tolondon, an 18-year-old suspected carnapper, on Dec. 29, 2018 in Cabrillos St., Brgy. Zone II, Digos City, Davao del Sur.
Congratulating the awardee, Morales is hoping that the award will serve as an inspiration to all police personnel in bringing to greater heights the service to public.
Morales also gave plaque of recognition to its partners and stakeholders “for their invaluable support to the plans and projects of this regional office.” They were Gov. Jayvee Tyron Uy of Compostela Valley, Gov. Antonio Rafael del Rosario of Davao del Norte, Rep. Lorna Bautista-Bandigan of Davao Occidental, Atty. Maciste Uy, Harold Duterte and Edwin Tan Go.
During the celebration, Department of Interior Local Government (DILG) regional director Alex Roldan lauded the troopers of PRO11 for the outstanding performance and achievements.
“You did a wonderful job and I am very proud of you,” Roldan said.
The PNP is under the supervision of the DILG.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market