A wounded police officer and civilian supporters got recognition yesterday as the Police Regional Office 11 celebrated the 38th foundation day of the Philippine National Police (PNP) at Camp Sgt. Quintin Merecido in Catitipan, Barangay Communal, Buhangin District.
Police Regional Director Marcelo Morales led the conferment of awards to the honorees who displayed outstanding performance and greatly helped the police in its pursuit of peace and order.
Chief Supt. Morales conferred the Medalya ng Sugatang Magiting to PO3 Leodegario Oding of Digos City Police Station.
Oding was wounded in action during the hot pursuit operation against Jepoy Andas Tolondon, an 18-year-old suspected carnapper, on Dec. 29, 2018 in Cabrillos St., Brgy. Zone II, Digos City, Davao del Sur.
Congratulating the awardee, Morales is hoping that the award will serve as an inspiration to all police personnel in bringing to greater heights the service to public.
Morales also gave plaque of recognition to its partners and stakeholders “for their invaluable support to the plans and projects of this regional office.” They were Gov. Jayvee Tyron Uy of Compostela Valley, Gov. Antonio Rafael del Rosario of Davao del Norte, Rep. Lorna Bautista-Bandigan of Davao Occidental, Atty. Maciste Uy, Harold Duterte and Edwin Tan Go.
During the celebration, Department of Interior Local Government (DILG) regional director Alex Roldan lauded the troopers of PRO11 for the outstanding performance and achievements.
“You did a wonderful job and I am very proud of you,” Roldan said.
The PNP is under the supervision of the DILG.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized