- PRO intensifies drive vs. illegal gambling
The Regional Police Office intensified its operations against illegal gambling as five persons were arrested on its drive on Friday.
Chief Supt Marcelo Morales, Police Regional Office (PRO) director, also warned those police officers engaged in the illegal gambling activities.
“The police crackdown on illegal gambling in the region will carry on as long as there are tough gambling operators who keep on operating their illegal activities,” Morales said.
“I am ordering my men to keep up on arresting the people who are behind it,” Morales said.
He said the arrest should not spare police officers who serve as gambling protectors.
“Rest assured that PRO will never tolerate any wrongdoings of (my) men,” Morales said.
Moreover, he appealed to the public to cooperate and report immediately any information they have to help them eliminate illegal gambling.
Morales Identified those who were arrested on Friday as Pedro Villasal, 56, and Susana Sanches, 52, both of Barangay San Antonio, Agdao District; Ronilo Algabre Cabahug, 37, and Manuel Rabilas Gomintong, 44, both of Barangay Blocon, Magsaysay, Davao del Sur; and Nelie Otero Ordaneza, 62 of Hagonoy, Davao del Sur.
In Agdao district on Friday, agents of the Regional Mobile Force Battalion and Sta. Ana Police Precinct arrested Villasal and Sanches, of Freedom Village, Barangay San Antonio, for “last two” around 9 a.m. Operatives seized cash money bet, “koteho”, pens, calculators and other gambling paraphernalia.
In Davao del Sur, agents of Provincial Anti-Illegal Gambling Special Operation Task Force (PAIGSOTF) and the Regional Anti Illegal Gambling Unit (RAIGU) arrested Ordaneza in Aznar Street, Purok 7-B, Poblacion, Hagonoy at 3:32 p.m.
Cash bet, pens, calculators, and koteho were also seized.
At the same time, Davao del Sur operatives also arrested Cabahug of Purok 3 and Gomintong of Purok Saranay, both of Blocon in Magsaysay town for engaging in illegal cockfight.
Seized from their were bet money amounting to P5,120, fighting cocks, gaff, notebook and a sling bag.
All the arrested suspects are now temporarily detained at the custody of the operating unit while necessary documents for filing of charges are being prepared.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission