The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) said the week-long Davao Region Athletic Association (DAVRAA) 2019 was generally peaceful and orderly.
“Only the death of an athlete due to pneumonia and some complaints on spoiled foods were noted,” DCPO Director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum said.
The DAVRAA Meet 2019 ended yesterday with no reported major crime incident in relation to the event.
Some 8,000 athletes and spectators arrived in the city for the event.
Around 3,000 security personnel were deployed to secure the events which started last Jan. 27.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories