The Department of Transportation (DOTr) initiated the creation of an Inter-Agency Council for Traffic (I-ACT) for Davao Region to coordinate various traffic initiatives.
“The best practices of a certain locality in the region will be made a template for traffic enforcement agencies involving various local agencies for other cities or municipalities in the region,” City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) chief Dionisio Abude explained.
“One of the focus areas they intend to undertake is Davao Region because it has a blossoming transport problem,” Abude added.
The I-ACT will also incorporate various agencies including the CTTMO, traffic groups, security cluster, Land Transportation Office, Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board, Department of Transportation, and City Environment and Natural Resources Office.
The I-ACT will involve environmental concerns, including the “Tanggal Bulok, Tanggal Usok” program, which goes after smoke belchers, as well as vehicles that are deemed not road-worthy.
“This will really help us because this will incorporate the joint traffic operations in the whole region,” Abude said.
The security cluster of the city, headed by Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC) chief Benito de Leon, supports the DOTr’s initiative.
“That is a welcome initiative done by DOTr to improve the traffic situation nationwide because part of the mandate of the PSSCC is the safety of the public, including those involving our road traffic,” de Leon said.
The I-ACT planning is still ongoing for its final launching set in April.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success