An alleged high-ranking official of organizations reportedly supporting the Communist group surrendered to government troopers of the 71st Infantry Battalion in Mawab, Compostela Valley on Saturday night, the military claimed.
1st Lt. Jhocell Asis, the 71st IB civil-military operation officer, claimed the returnee, he only identified as Roy, was the provincial chair of Panalipdan Mindanao and vice chairman of Indug Kautawan in Compostela Valley.
Asis alleged that both groups are known as legal fronts of New People’s Army (NPA).
He said these left-leaning organizations organize mass rallies and create propaganda against the government.
During his surrender, Roy brought with him a caliber .45 pistol, with serial number 317371 and one magazine loaded with two live ammunitions.
Accordingly to the military report, Roy was the collector of Guerilla Front 2 (GF 2), Sub-Regional Committee 2 (SRC 2), Southern Mindanao Regional Command (SMRC)since 2005.
Roy, according to Asis, revealed that he attended anti-government rallies in Davao City for three different events and in Tagum City, Mabini and Pantukan.
Asis said Roy was also tasked to distribute extortion letters to the residents and miners of Sitio Gumayan, Barangay Kingking, Pantukan and even himself is paying P200 monthly dues to the NPA.
Roy also alleged that he sent collected revolutionary tax to Renante Mantos, aka Nante, a NPA official, Asis said.
The surrender of Roy was made possible thru the proper handling of Aka Danny who surrendered last Jan. 24.
Lt. Col. Esteveyn Ducusin, the 71st IB commander, denied those who surrendered were “tortured.”
“That is just a black propaganda of the NPAs to keep their members from surrendering,” Ducusin said.
“Those who surrendered can attest how well they are treated, name them Fiona, Ekling, Rebo, Danny, and even Roy,” he said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission