No Illegal drugs were found at the city jail in Barangay Ma-a, Talomo District during the surprise inspection on Saturday.
Only contraband such as cigarettes and cellular phones were confiscated.
Inspector Edo Lobenia, the spokesperson of the Bureau of Jail and Management Penology (BJMP), said Oplan Greyhound was conducted in the main quarters of the city jail, including the female and annex buildings, that started 7 a.m. on Saturday.
The Regional Mobile Force Battalion and Davao City Police Office aided the BJMP in the operation.
The inspection was implemented days after police operatives busted three drug suspects who are said to be supplying drugs in Barangay Ma-a, including the city jail.
A similar inspection was also conducted at the Davao del Sur jail last Friday at 8 a.m.
Ordered by the Police Regional Office 11, the Davao del Sur Police Provincial Office, headed by its Director Sr. Supt. Alan Manibog, conducted the operation at the district jail in Digos City
No illegal drugs were seized. Among those confiscated items were pencils, ballpens, nail cutters, mirror, lighter, and scissors.
Police regional director Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales lauded the operatives for their continuous conduct of anti-crime strategies and intervention to stop the proliferation of illegal drugs and other contrabands inside city Jail.
“I just would like to reiterate this warning to all detainees that contraband found in their possession would be used against them in court. It will surely affect the availment of plea bargains or they will rot in jail,” Morales said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success