The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) XI released a special permit for 124 public utility jeepneys, particularly plying the Mintal and Roxas route, for the Davao Region Athletics Association (DAVRAA) meet.
“We will give them free special permits provided that if there are commuters from downtown that will watch the sports event, the PUVs are obligated to transport them to the venue,” LTFRB XI transportation development officer Virgilio Jibone said on Thursday.
The special permit was released under Office Circular No.01 series of 2019, effective for one week starting at the official opening of the DAVRAA on Jan. 27 until Feb. 2.
An additional P2.50 will be imposed for the regular passengers coming from downtown area up to the UP Mindanao campus and vice-versa while P2 pesos will be added for persons with disabilities and students.
“Even there are only one or two passengers as long as they are going to UP campus to watch DAVRAA events, operators are obligated to deliver passengers up to the venue,” Jibone said.
The LTFRB XI will be visiting Mintal to monitor the PUJ operators by Monday to ensure these transport vehicles abide by the agreement contained in the said circular.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month