The regional police director will join the night patrol to see for himself the peace and order situation in Davao City.
On Tuesday night, Chief Supt. Marcelo M. Morales drove around the city on a motorcycle along with the Police Riders Response Team. He timed the patrol during the Bangsamoro Organic Law plebiscite .
Morales emphasized the importance of police visibility, particularly beat patrols, in deterring petty and major crimes.
“We do this regularly with the other PNP Riders. We do this to make Davaoeños feel safer with our presence on the streets,” he said.
The team convened at the Davao City Police Office at around 8 p.m. and started the “night ride” going to the areas of of Barangay 39-D, Barangay Mintal and Barangay Buhangin Proper. They also held a dialogue with the barangay leaders to initiate strategies to reduce crimes.
Morales urged all unit commanders to conduct similar activities in their respective areas of responsibility in the region to supplement the conventional patrol methods.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories