The regional police director will join the night patrol to see for himself the peace and order situation in Davao City.
On Tuesday night, Chief Supt. Marcelo M. Morales drove around the city on a motorcycle along with the Police Riders Response Team. He timed the patrol during the Bangsamoro Organic Law plebiscite .
Morales emphasized the importance of police visibility, particularly beat patrols, in deterring petty and major crimes.
“We do this regularly with the other PNP Riders. We do this to make Davaoeños feel safer with our presence on the streets,” he said.
The team convened at the Davao City Police Office at around 8 p.m. and started the “night ride” going to the areas of of Barangay 39-D, Barangay Mintal and Barangay Buhangin Proper. They also held a dialogue with the barangay leaders to initiate strategies to reduce crimes.
Morales urged all unit commanders to conduct similar activities in their respective areas of responsibility in the region to supplement the conventional patrol methods.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission