The City Council passed a resolution requesting the office of President Rodrigo Duterte to declare March 18, 2019 as a special non-working holiday in the city in observance to the 82nd Araw ng Dabaw 2019 celebration.
Chair of Tourism Committee Councilor Al Ryan Alejandre passed the said resolution under suspended rules during the regular session, Tuesday.
The city will be celebrating the annual Araw ng Dabaw on March 16, 2019.
March 18 is set for the thanksgiving day or the Araw ng Pasasalamat.
“It is but fitting and proper that the people of the City be given full opportunity to celebrate and participate in the occasion with appropriate ceremonies,” the resolution stated.
Copies of the said resolution were sent to the Office of the President and to the Malacañang Palace for guidance.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success