Two hundred fifty-two personnel of the Coast Guard District South Eastern Mindanao (CGDSEMO passed the random drug tests last week.
Capt. Roy Echeverria, the coast guard commander, said the unannounced drug test last Wednesday for all personnel in the district headquarters was administered by medical personnel from Manila.
“We did this to ensure our personnel performing duties are not using prohibited substances,” he said, adding that “this is by far the only testing we’ve done for the last four years.”
Capt. Echeverria said some personnel who were out in the field at the time of the testing will tested anew. “We will have another round for them within the year,” he further said.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village