Two hundred fifty-two personnel of the Coast Guard District South Eastern Mindanao (CGDSEMO passed the random drug tests last week.
Capt. Roy Echeverria, the coast guard commander, said the unannounced drug test last Wednesday for all personnel in the district headquarters was administered by medical personnel from Manila.
“We did this to ensure our personnel performing duties are not using prohibited substances,” he said, adding that “this is by far the only testing we’ve done for the last four years.”
Capt. Echeverria said some personnel who were out in the field at the time of the testing will tested anew. “We will have another round for them within the year,” he further said.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized