Today, residents of areas identified in the Bangsamoro Organic Law will go to their respective precincts to participate in the plebiscite that will decide whether they become part of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) which will replace the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM).
The political exercise will want to at least slowly iron out the kinks in the peace process so that when it is completed, slowly the peace agreement can be rolled out so that everyone can take part in ensuring that peace will become lasting at least in this part of the country.
The plebiscite is the next step to complete the peace agreement between the Philippine government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, although the former is hoping that all other Moro groups will join this peace initiative.
The result will not only determine the plight of the people who will join the plebiscite, but of the entire Mindanao and the entire country. Experts in economics believe the result will have a positive impact on growth of Mindanao, an island of about 25.5 million people, based on 2018 government estimate.
The law and the entity that it will create are both important to ensure that platform for peace will be put in place as the next step to securing a economic and political growth of Mindanao.
AS both leaders of government and the revolutionary groups believe that failure is not an option, they also must ensure that they do their role for this to be successful and so that the years of talking peace will not be wasted.
Let this new beginning be the next page of history of Mindanao that will try, not only to correct the injustices done on its people, but also the key to unlocking its potentials for the prosperity of everyone in it.
After all, peace is the only option.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market