One-hundred fifteen individuals were issued citation tickets for violating the RA 4136 or the Land Transportation and Traffic Code as part of the enhanced anti-criminality campaign of Davao del Norte on Jan. 16-17.
Chief Insp. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office, said they conducted a Comelec checkpoint on major entry points of the province. Two people were arrested for pending warrants and one was arrested during a buy-bust.
Florian Pableo Bareta was served the warrant at 11:55 a.m. of Jan. 16 for the crime of robbery with violence and intimidation of persons, while Odette Collado Jara was arrested around 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 17 at the Asuncion municipal building for a case of falsified document.
Meanwhile, at 4:17 p.m. of Jan.16, 2019, elements of Tagum City Police Station conducted a drug bust in Purok Iga-oy, Barangay Madaum, Tagum City resulting in the death of Joven Riño alias Otik, 49, a resident of the area.
Recovered from the crime scene were one sachet of suspected shabu; .45 caliber pistol bearing serial number 351721; and cartridges from a 9mm and .45 caliber pistol.
Chief Supt. Marcelo C. Morales, regional director, the substantial increase on operations against wanted persons and on illegal drugs can be attributed to the massive campaign of PRO XI.
“These accomplishments will not be possible without the support of our hardworking members in the lower levels, in the police officers in the field,” Morales said.
By Rhoda Grace B. Saron
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories