One-hundred fifteen individuals were issued citation tickets for violating the RA 4136 or the Land Transportation and Traffic Code as part of the enhanced anti-criminality campaign of Davao del Norte on Jan. 16-17.
Chief Insp. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office, said they conducted a Comelec checkpoint on major entry points of the province. Two people were arrested for pending warrants and one was arrested during a buy-bust.
Florian Pableo Bareta was served the warrant at 11:55 a.m. of Jan. 16 for the crime of robbery with violence and intimidation of persons, while Odette Collado Jara was arrested around 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 17 at the Asuncion municipal building for a case of falsified document.
Meanwhile, at 4:17 p.m. of Jan.16, 2019, elements of Tagum City Police Station conducted a drug bust in Purok Iga-oy, Barangay Madaum, Tagum City resulting in the death of Joven Riño alias Otik, 49, a resident of the area.
Recovered from the crime scene were one sachet of suspected shabu; .45 caliber pistol bearing serial number 351721; and cartridges from a 9mm and .45 caliber pistol.
Chief Supt. Marcelo C. Morales, regional director, the substantial increase on operations against wanted persons and on illegal drugs can be attributed to the massive campaign of PRO XI.
“These accomplishments will not be possible without the support of our hardworking members in the lower levels, in the police officers in the field,” Morales said.
By Rhoda Grace B. Saron
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again