One-hundred fifteen individuals were issued citation tickets for violating the RA 4136 or the Land Transportation and Traffic Code as part of the enhanced anti-criminality campaign of Davao del Norte on Jan. 16-17.
Chief Insp. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office, said they conducted a Comelec checkpoint on major entry points of the province. Two people were arrested for pending warrants and one was arrested during a buy-bust.
Florian Pableo Bareta was served the warrant at 11:55 a.m. of Jan. 16 for the crime of robbery with violence and intimidation of persons, while Odette Collado Jara was arrested around 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 17 at the Asuncion municipal building for a case of falsified document.
Meanwhile, at 4:17 p.m. of Jan.16, 2019, elements of Tagum City Police Station conducted a drug bust in Purok Iga-oy, Barangay Madaum, Tagum City resulting in the death of Joven Riño alias Otik, 49, a resident of the area.
Recovered from the crime scene were one sachet of suspected shabu; .45 caliber pistol bearing serial number 351721; and cartridges from a 9mm and .45 caliber pistol.
Chief Supt. Marcelo C. Morales, regional director, the substantial increase on operations against wanted persons and on illegal drugs can be attributed to the massive campaign of PRO XI.
“These accomplishments will not be possible without the support of our hardworking members in the lower levels, in the police officers in the field,” Morales said.
By Rhoda Grace B. Saron
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission