One alleged drug pusher was killed while two others were arrested around 3 a.m. yesterday in Digos City.
Chief Insp. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said joint elements of the Regional police Drug Enforcement Unit, Regional Mobile Force Battalion, and Digos City Police Station conducted the operation.
Meanwhile, one suspect was killed during the simultaneous implementation of search warrants in Digos City for violations of Sec. 11 of RA 9165 around 3 a.m. on January 19.
Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales, director of PRO XI, identified the suspects as Benmark Ortiz alias Dam; Renante Villegas alias Nante; and Bryan Poquita, all from Digos City.
The raiding teams raided the house of Ortiz in Barangay Dawis but the suspect reportedly fired his firearm toward the approaching team, which prompted them to retaliate. The suspect did not make it to the hospital.
Recovered from the scene were a .45 caliber pistol, ammunition, and three sachets believed to be shabu with an estimated street value of P8,000.
Likewise, another team swooped on the house of Villegas in Purok Maharlika, Barangay Kapatagan, Digos City and collared the suspect after recovering from his house seven sachets of suspected shabu with an estimated worth of P200,000 and one .45 caliber pistol.
Futhermore, another team raided the house of Poquita at Barangay Tiguman, Digos City. Police found two sachets containing alleged shabu with a street value of P5,000.
All recovered illegal drug items have an estimated total street value amounting to P213,000.
Meanwhile, cases of violations of RA 9165 and illegal possesion of firearms are being readied against the suspects.
Regional police director, Chief Supt. Marcelo C. Morales, lauded his men for the success of the operations.
“The result of these operations reflect the untiring efforts of our field commanders to do their task and serve the community well. We all dream of a drug free region so, together, we will do our best to achieve peace and we will continue this effort until we see significant results,” he stated.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission