Four individuals were arrested after shabu was found in their possession while passing through the Task Force Davao checkpoint in Sitio Licanan, Barangay Lasang, Bunawan District from Dec. 29 to 31.
Meanwhile, a 30-year-old man was also apprehended yesterday after a gun was found in his possession while passing through the same checkpoint.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, commander of Task Force Davao, told TIMES that around 1 a.m. of Dec. 31, 2018, Ritchie Pareno Elesterio, 32, a resident of Tagansoli, Malalag, Davao del Sur and Mae Bado Cabanao, 36, a resident of Purok 1-A, Iligan City were intercepted after two big sachets of shabu weighing 2.04 grams worth P30,000 from their possession.
Cabanao also yielded another small sachet weighing 0.23 grams worth P3,000.
The suspects were on board an oil tanker driven Elesterio traveling from Compostela Valley to Tibungco, Davao City. The authorities acted on a tip provided by another drug dealer who was apprehended two hours prior to the interception.
On Sunday around 10 p.m., Michael Gerodias Villordon, 36, a resident of Bangkas Heights, Batulosa, Toril District, was arrested after a small sachet containing shabu worth P3,000 was found in his possession.
The suspect was on board a motorcycle traveling from Tagum City to Toril.
Just yesterday around 10:40 a.m., Romeo Comar Tiongson, 30, a resident of Rempohito Panabo, Davao del Norte, was endorsed to the Bunawan police after 10 empty sachets of suspected shabu, two improvised glass tube, two lighters and one improvised needle were found in his possession.
The suspect was on board a Mio motorcycle from Panabo City.
Around 1:15 a.m., Rasty Rafayla Villarin, 38, a resident of Palmera Street, Visayan Village in Tagum City was also arrested for possessing a .45 caliber pistol and one magazine. He was on board a Toyota Wigo bound to Cotabato City from Tagum City.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid