The Davao Police Regional Office yesterday said that 175 PNP personnel augmented to the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) will be deployed to crime-prone areas.
Meanwhile, the regional office has directed personnel and station commanders to intensify security preparations following another IED explosion inside Renz internet cafe at corner Valencia and Valdez Street, Barangay Kalawag 2, Isulan, Sultan Kudarat on Sunday night, killing a student and wounding 15 others.
Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales. The PRO XI director, ordered all units to strengthen and tighten security measures, intensify intelligence monitoring, and conduct proactive measures in coordination with their counterparts in the AFP and other law enforcement agencies.
“We are saddened about the report of another explosion since the community in Region 12 is affected. Here in the city, we have not lowered our alert level,” he added. “We are still on full alert status.”
He said all station commanders are also directed to conduct random inspections to make sure their personnel are on duty during their shift.
The Regional Mobile Force Battalion is also tasked to conduct random mobile checkpoints as support to established checkpoints on the city’s entry points. Checkpoints outside Davao City like in Bansalan town, Digos City, and Tagum City also provide another layer of security.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy