The Davao Police Regional Office yesterday said that 175 PNP personnel augmented to the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) will be deployed to crime-prone areas.
Meanwhile, the regional office has directed personnel and station commanders to intensify security preparations following another IED explosion inside Renz internet cafe at corner Valencia and Valdez Street, Barangay Kalawag 2, Isulan, Sultan Kudarat on Sunday night, killing a student and wounding 15 others.
Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales. The PRO XI director, ordered all units to strengthen and tighten security measures, intensify intelligence monitoring, and conduct proactive measures in coordination with their counterparts in the AFP and other law enforcement agencies.
“We are saddened about the report of another explosion since the community in Region 12 is affected. Here in the city, we have not lowered our alert level,” he added. “We are still on full alert status.”
He said all station commanders are also directed to conduct random inspections to make sure their personnel are on duty during their shift.
The Regional Mobile Force Battalion is also tasked to conduct random mobile checkpoints as support to established checkpoints on the city’s entry points. Checkpoints outside Davao City like in Bansalan town, Digos City, and Tagum City also provide another layer of security.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission