One hundred eighty-four mass supporters of the New People’s Army (NPA) who surrendered to the 71st Infantry Battalion underwent a reorientation at the Barangay Carcor gym in New Corella, Davao del Norte on Saturday.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, said the orientation was conducted by the 71st IB, under Lt. Col. Esteveyn Ducusin.
The 184 mass supporters of the Guerrilla Front 33, Sub-Regional Command 4, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee came from five barangays such as, Carcor, New Bohol, Poblacion, San Jose and New Cortez.
He said they also took an oath of allegiance to the government.
Maj. Gen. Noel Clement, the commander of 10th ID, congratulated the participants of the activity.
“They have expressed reaffirmation of their allegiance to the Philippine government and its constitution. With no people supporting their cause, the remaining NPA terrorists are expected to go down, back to the folds of the law, and join mainstream society,” the division commander added.
The activity was graced by New Corella Mayor Rhodora S. Alcoran; Vice Mayor Joel S. Jumawan; Chief Insp. Jay Nocidal, acting chief of the New Corella Police Station; Carcor Barangay Captain Filbert C. Dawal; New Cortez Barangay Captain Alfredo S. Batingal; New Bohol Barangay Captain Victor N. Lepurga; Poblacion Barangay Captain Henry Bercilla; and San Jose Barangay Captain Elvie Mantica.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF