One hundred eighty-four mass supporters of the New People’s Army (NPA) who surrendered to the 71st Infantry Battalion underwent a reorientation at the Barangay Carcor gym in New Corella, Davao del Norte on Saturday.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, said the orientation was conducted by the 71st IB, under Lt. Col. Esteveyn Ducusin.
The 184 mass supporters of the Guerrilla Front 33, Sub-Regional Command 4, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee came from five barangays such as, Carcor, New Bohol, Poblacion, San Jose and New Cortez.
He said they also took an oath of allegiance to the government.
Maj. Gen. Noel Clement, the commander of 10th ID, congratulated the participants of the activity.
“They have expressed reaffirmation of their allegiance to the Philippine government and its constitution. With no people supporting their cause, the remaining NPA terrorists are expected to go down, back to the folds of the law, and join mainstream society,” the division commander added.
The activity was graced by New Corella Mayor Rhodora S. Alcoran; Vice Mayor Joel S. Jumawan; Chief Insp. Jay Nocidal, acting chief of the New Corella Police Station; Carcor Barangay Captain Filbert C. Dawal; New Cortez Barangay Captain Alfredo S. Batingal; New Bohol Barangay Captain Victor N. Lepurga; Poblacion Barangay Captain Henry Bercilla; and San Jose Barangay Captain Elvie Mantica.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories