A 68-year- old widow was shot to death by unidentified perpetrators along the national highway in Purok Pag-asa, Sitio Alang-alang, Barangay Malabog, Paquibato District around 4:45 a.m. yesterday.
Sr. Insp. Ma. Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the victim as Andrea V. Baguio alias Andring, a resident of Purok Bird of Paradise, Barangay Malabog.
According to the report, a concerned citizen called up the Paquibato Police Precinct hotline around 5:30 a.m. informing about an alleged shooting incident in the area.
They immediately deployed their personnel who confirmed the report.
The initial investigation revealed that the residents in the area heard the gunshots at 4:45 a.m.
The victim was walking alone at Sitio Crossing on his way to the Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) to attend a service.
Upon reaching at the place of incident, he was shot by unidentified perpetrator/s on board a motorcycle with a .45 caliber pistol.
She succumbed to several gunshot wounds on her body and died on the scene.
Gaspan said the police are still conducting further investigation to determine motive.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid