A 68-year- old widow was shot to death by unidentified perpetrators along the national highway in Purok Pag-asa, Sitio Alang-alang, Barangay Malabog, Paquibato District around 4:45 a.m. yesterday.
Sr. Insp. Ma. Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the victim as Andrea V. Baguio alias Andring, a resident of Purok Bird of Paradise, Barangay Malabog.
According to the report, a concerned citizen called up the Paquibato Police Precinct hotline around 5:30 a.m. informing about an alleged shooting incident in the area.
They immediately deployed their personnel who confirmed the report.
The initial investigation revealed that the residents in the area heard the gunshots at 4:45 a.m.
The victim was walking alone at Sitio Crossing on his way to the Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) to attend a service.
Upon reaching at the place of incident, he was shot by unidentified perpetrator/s on board a motorcycle with a .45 caliber pistol.
She succumbed to several gunshot wounds on her body and died on the scene.
Gaspan said the police are still conducting further investigation to determine motive.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls