A service crew was arrested after he allegedly smuggled shabu inside the Davao Prison and Penal Farm (DPPF) in Barangay Tanglaw, Dujali, Davao del Norte at 3:10 p.m. on Friday.
According to Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales, the director of Police Regional Office XI, they received a request for assistance from the DPPF after they caught Carlo L. Alvarado, 21, a fast food chain crew and resident of Puerto Azul subdivision, Tibal-og, handing over the drug to inmate Jason B. Cayag, 21, resdient of Barangay San Jose.
When the police arrived there, the suspect was already detained by the prison guards. The two plastic tubes containing the crystalline substance believed to be shabu were also endorsed to the police.
Correctional Officer 3 Jerry Erwin Antero, the duty guard, told police that at 2:54 p.m. of same date, Alvarado came and brought food for Cayag.
As part of the standard operating procedure, Antero inspected the food stuff and he noticed the suspect discreetly handing something to Cayag through the metal window grills.
The guard then ordered the inmate to open his hand and he found money bills, along with a rolled tissue paper containing a small plastic tube. When he frisked the visitor, he recovered another small plastic tube containing the same substance.
Alvarado was turned over to the police while Cayag remained in custody of the DPPF.
The inmate is serving a sentence for frustrated murder but he will face another case now in violation of the provisions of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
“It is sad to note that these people tried to continue using illegal drugs while inside the jail and showed no remorse,” Morales said.
He said the police campaign against the proliferation of illegal drugs will continue until the region is declared drug-free.
“We commend the personnel, who caught in the act the drug transaction in the penal farm, for their dedication and commitment to duty,” he added.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market