Special Assistant to the President Christopher Lawrence Go yesterday said the government might buy new equipment for the Philippine Coast Guard during the state visit of President Rodrigo Duterte in Israel this Sunday.
Go was the guest of honor and speaker during the 33rd anniversary of Coast Guard District Southeastern Mindanao (CGDSEM) held at its headquarters in Sasa Wharf.
During the anniversary, Go was appointed auxiliary executive squadron for the Philippine Coast Guard with a rank of auxiliary commodore or brigadier general in the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
“I’m honored and proud to be part of the Philippine Coast Guard Auxiliary and how we can help in our oceans, seas, coastline and we must take good care of it,” he said.
He said Coast Guard Commandant Admiral Elson Hermogino will also join the contingent as they will check some equipment or patrol boats that can help the coast guard.
Go said the government allocated more than P3 billion budget for the modernization program and the money is intended for new ships, firearms, and other equipment.
“The 10 new 54-meter patrol boats from Japan just arrived,” he said. “These were among the equipment shown when we went to Japan.”
The number of equipment to be distributed in the Southeastern Mindanao would be up to Coast Guard leadership, Go said.
Meanwhile, Go also said the coast guard is included in the increase of base pay of personnel.
“It’s just the same salary grade,” he added. “It was effective in January 2018.”
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success