One M16 rifle and link of M60 General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG) were recovered following an encounter with the members of New People’s Army (NPA) in Sitio Batiano, Barangay San Pedro, Caraga, Davao Oriental on Tuesday.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, said troops from the 102nd Division Recon Company were conducting a focused military operation encountered NPAs believed to be members of Pulang Bagani Command 8 and Section Committee 15 at the vicinity of Sitio Batiano, Barangay San Pedro.
Lamosao said the firefight lasted for about 20 minutes.
At about 2:30 a.m. of same day, the troops occupied the enemy position and scoured the area. They recovered the rifle and ammunition. He said there was no casualty on the government side.
“Due to close coordination and good working relationship between the military, local government, and the people, the (NPAs) have become irrelevant and are not welcome in Davao Oriental,” he added.
It can be recalled that the 67th Infantry Battalion received information that NPAs were sighted in the area.
Operating troops were organized to respond to the report.
On Aug. 21, at around 1:50 p.m., an encounter happened at the vicinity of Barangay San Fermin, Manay, Davao Oriental. The firefight lasted for about an hour and one rebel was killed in that encounter while two soldiers were slightly wounded.
As the troops continued to clear enemy position and pursue the fleeing rebels, they were able to recover one lower receiver of a defective M16 rifle at around 8 a.m. on Aug. 28 in the vicinity of Sitio Batiano, San Pedro, Caraga.
Maj. Gen. Noel S. Clement, commander of the 10th ID, commended the accomplishment as he warned, “There will be no place for the NPA terrorists who continue to harm, recruit, deceive and exploit the people in Davao Oriental and in our area of responsibility.”
Meanwhile, he said the 10th ID will continue to accept the rebels who want to surrender and have a peaceful life.
“They can avail of the government’s Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program. We thank the provincial government of Davao Oriental and its people for their unwavering support in our campaign against communist-terrorist threat,” the division commander added.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success