One-hundred eighty one passengers of Philippine Airlines 2814 bound for Manila were offloaded after a bird struck the right engine of the craft before takeoff at the Francisco Bangoy International Airport at 1:50 p.m. yesterday.
Chief Insp. Ronel Tesorero, the chief of the Davao Airport police station, told TIMES yesterday that the airplane bound for Manila returned to the ramp due to the accident.
But he said the engine did not explode.
“All 181 passengers safely disembarked and were unharmed,” he said. “(The) flight was canceled,”he added.
Tesorero also said the aircraft did not cause delay to the other flights yesterday.
Share this post:
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence