One-hundred eighty one passengers of Philippine Airlines 2814 bound for Manila were offloaded after a bird struck the right engine of the craft before takeoff at the Francisco Bangoy International Airport at 1:50 p.m. yesterday.
Chief Insp. Ronel Tesorero, the chief of the Davao Airport police station, told TIMES yesterday that the airplane bound for Manila returned to the ramp due to the accident.
But he said the engine did not explode.
“All 181 passengers safely disembarked and were unharmed,” he said. “(The) flight was canceled,”he added.
Tesorero also said the aircraft did not cause delay to the other flights yesterday.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB