One-hundred eighty one passengers of Philippine Airlines 2814 bound for Manila were offloaded after a bird struck the right engine of the craft before takeoff at the Francisco Bangoy International Airport at 1:50 p.m. yesterday.
Chief Insp. Ronel Tesorero, the chief of the Davao Airport police station, told TIMES yesterday that the airplane bound for Manila returned to the ramp due to the accident.
But he said the engine did not explode.
“All 181 passengers safely disembarked and were unharmed,” he said. “(The) flight was canceled,”he added.
Tesorero also said the aircraft did not cause delay to the other flights yesterday.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories