An 18-year-old student was stabbed to death by his three male companions while walking at Pjack, Malagamot, Panacan, Bunawan District at 12:10 a.m. on Tuesday.
Sr. Insp. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of the Davao City police office (DCPO), said the Sasa Police Precinct received the information about a stabbing incident at 12:49 a.m.
The Mobile Patrol 25, led by PO1 Allan Lapay, was dispatched to the scene to verify the report.
Meanwhile, SPO3 Domenick Patajo and PO3 Roger Rivera II, the investigators on duty, were also dispatched on board Mobile Patrol 91 manned by PO1 Charles Greggy Macuto to conduct an investigation.
Police identified the victim as Emeliano Labadan, 18, student and a resident of Purok 32, Over Hills, Barangay Ilang, Bunawan District. He succumbed to one fatal wound on his left chest.
Reportedly, the victim was walking with four women and three men along Malagamot road heading toward the national highway. When they were in the area in front of International Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, the victim was ganged up by his companions and one stabbed him on the chest.
The perpetrators fled the scene.
Personnel of the Sasa police are now conducting a follow-up investigation to identify the killers. The victim’s remains were brought to Rivera Funeral Homes at Km. 12, Barangay Sasa for the required autopsy.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence