Three more New People’s Army fighters surrendered to the government troops under the 403rd Infantry Brigade in Bukidnon over the weekend.
Capt. Norman Tagros, the civil-military operations officer of 403rd IB, identified them only as alias Milit and alias Bugoy, members of the Sangay ng Partido sa Lokalidad and Militia ng Bayan of the Guerrilla Front 68, North Central Mindanao Regional Committee.
They brought with them one cal. 30 M2 Carbine, an M79 grenade launcher, and live ammunition when they presented themselves to the 1st Special Forces Battalion at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 25.
Meanwhile, alias Jordan also brought along his M2 Garand rifle with bullets around 9 p.m. on Sunday. He was also part of the same unit as the two fighters, said Tagros.
Based on their record, a total of nine rebels already surrendered for the past week alone as the 403rd Infantry Brigade continues to intensify its focused military operations against the remaining rebels in the province.
In a statement, Brig. Gen. Eric C. Vinoya, the commander of the 403rd Infantry Brigade, urged the remaining members of the NPA to lay down their arms and avail of the assistance provided by the government.
“We would like to reassure our brothers and sisters who still remain deceived by the CPP-NPA leaders that the government puts premium on their welfare and well-being when they decide to embrace peace and go back to the folds of the law,” Vinoya said.
“They should avail of the benefits of this program now or else they will continue to suffer from hunger and hardships in the mountains as we will have not let up in our focused military operations against this terrorist group,” he added.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange