Councilor Jaffar Marohomsalic, the youth representative to the City Council, said they will require a drug test on all officers of the Sangguniang Kabataan following the arrest of an elected official on Monday morning.
“We (SK officers) have discussed to conduct a drug test among SK officials so that if there will positive results, we can deliver appropriate action,” Marohomsalic said.
“As a youth leader, we should be good models because they look up to us,” Marohomsalic told reporters.
But he has yet to meet all of the SK chairpersons to come up with a single resolution for the drug test.
On Monday, Hideki N. Hernando, 21, the number one SK councilor of Barangay 18-B, was arrested in a buy-bust.
“I encourage all the SK chairs to (look after) their constituents in their own barangay to avoid these types of incidents,” he also said.
He hasn’t also met with the arrested youth representative but they are set to talk on Saturday.
Marohomsalic also said the drug testing is also in support of the advocacy the current administration.
“We need to show, as citizens of Davao, that we are models ourselves, especially that our President is on his war on drugs,” he said.
Chief Insp. Michael Uyanguren, the commander of Sta. Ana Police Precinct, said Hernando and his two companions, identified as Majier Ferrer Bagheri, 23, of Orchids Street, Barangay Buhangin Proper, Buhangin District; and Ajay Cablles Cuevas, 18, of Ingan Garden Village in Barangay Tigatto, Buhangin District, have just been added to their drug watch list.
Hernando was considered a high-value target since he was an elected official.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year