Councilor Jaffar Marohomsalic, the youth representative to the City Council, said they will require a drug test on all officers of the Sangguniang Kabataan following the arrest of an elected official on Monday morning.
“We (SK officers) have discussed to conduct a drug test among SK officials so that if there will positive results, we can deliver appropriate action,” Marohomsalic said.
“As a youth leader, we should be good models because they look up to us,” Marohomsalic told reporters.
But he has yet to meet all of the SK chairpersons to come up with a single resolution for the drug test.
On Monday, Hideki N. Hernando, 21, the number one SK councilor of Barangay 18-B, was arrested in a buy-bust.
“I encourage all the SK chairs to (look after) their constituents in their own barangay to avoid these types of incidents,” he also said.
He hasn’t also met with the arrested youth representative but they are set to talk on Saturday.
Marohomsalic also said the drug testing is also in support of the advocacy the current administration.
“We need to show, as citizens of Davao, that we are models ourselves, especially that our President is on his war on drugs,” he said.
Chief Insp. Michael Uyanguren, the commander of Sta. Ana Police Precinct, said Hernando and his two companions, identified as Majier Ferrer Bagheri, 23, of Orchids Street, Barangay Buhangin Proper, Buhangin District; and Ajay Cablles Cuevas, 18, of Ingan Garden Village in Barangay Tigatto, Buhangin District, have just been added to their drug watch list.
Hernando was considered a high-value target since he was an elected official.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market