An army reservist and his companion were killed in a shootout with elements of the Sta. Ana Police Precinct during a buy-bust operation in Belisario Village, Barangay San Antonio, Agdao District at 9:10 p.m. on Monday.
Meanwhile, two other drug suspects were also arrested in another operation.
Chief Insp. Michael Uyanguren, the precinct commander identified them to TIMES as Jaime Onain Moin, a Philippine Army reservist and Alvin Musa Daris, both residents of Landmark, Buhangin.
The operation was conducted in coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI.
Reportedly, the police officer announced the arrest after completing the transaction with Moin.
However, the suspect pulled out his .45 caliber pistol and shot the undercover policeman. He managed to evade and fired back on the reservist.
Meanwhile, Daris also tried to shot another policeman with his .38 caliber revolver but it misfired. He was also gunned down.
The two men were rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but were declared dead by doctors.
The .45 caliber pistol with serial number 257856 and loaded with five bullets and the .38 caliber revolver were endorsed to the Regional Crime Laboratory XI. Police also recovered seven sachets of shabu from Moin and another big sachet of shabu from Daris.
The total drug evidence had an estimated weight of 2.075 grams with an estimated street market value of P13,000.
Meanwhile, around 3:30 p.m. on the same day, an informant pointed at Vincent G. Gumanid, 37, a resident of Purok 3, Forrestal, Cabantian, Buhangin as allegedly selling drugs in the area.
He was arrested by the Drug Enforcement Unit of the Buhangin police during a buy-bust at around 5:40 p.m. after he handed over a sachet of drugs in exchange for P500.
PO1 Manzanades confiscated other four sachets of shabu and a My Phone cellular phone from the suspect.
The confiscated drug items had an estimated weight of 0.085 grams with a street value of P5,000.
Around 11:50 p.m., Erwin E. Abayon, 30, a tricycle driver and resident of Barangay 33-D, was also arrested for possession of shabu by members of the Mobile Patrol 14 which was deployed at Gempesaw Street corner Ponce Street.
Confiscated from him were two sachets of shabu worth P1,000 with an estimated weight of around 0.04767 grams. The suspects are now in the custody of the police as they face a case for violation of RA 9165 (comprehensive Dangerous Drugs act of 2002).
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months