An alleged drug pusher was killed by the elements of the Sasa police after he reportedly resisted arrest during a buy-bust operation in Purok 26, Barangay Lizada Proper, Toril District around 1:30 p.m. on Monday.
Meanwhile, three other companions, including his wife and brother, were also arrested during the operation.
Chief Insp. Reuben Torreon Libera, the commander of the Sasa police, identified him to TIMES as Rojay Balangao Lucerna alias Bogart, 39, resident of Purok 26, Barangay Lizada Proper, Toril.
The others were also identified as Daisy Lumpaya Gumanoy, 37; Ken Balangao Lucerna, 33, single; and Ephraim Bunayog Saavedra, 42, all residents of Barangay Lizada Proper.
The suspect allegedly sold a sachet of shabu to a police undercover but he suspected an entrapment operation. He allegedly drew his gun and fired toward the arresting officers. They fired back. He was brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but was declared dead on arrival.
Confiscated from the suspects were six sachets of shabu worth P50,000, two cellular phones, and one caliber .38 revolver with serial number 271965 and loaded with three live bullets.
In an interview, Libera said they have coordinated with the Toril police for the buy-bust.
“The suspect was always changing venue (during the transaction),” Libera said.
“They are selling illegal drugs in Panabo City and Sasa area.”
In an interview with the ABS-CBN news team, the wife of the suspect denied that she was involved in selling illegal drugs.
But Libera said the suspect was placed under surveillance for two weeks before the operation.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market