Twenty-four drug suspects, including eight high-value targets, were arrested in a span of one week beginning Aug. 19 until Aug. 25.
Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales, director of the Police Regional Office XI, said the heightened anti-drug operations were in response to the directive of President Rodrigo Duterte to respond to the proliferation of illegal drugs.
Morales said they launched 19 anti-drug operations and seized a total of 12 grams of shabu.
One of the drug suspects was killed when he reportedly shot it out with the police on Aug. 26 along GE Torres Street (formerly Sandawa) in Barangay 76-A.
On the other hand, they also caught 46 fugitives this past week. These individuals with pending criminal cases will be brought to the court for trial.
Morales warned the fugitives that the police will always hunt them down.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence