Twenty-four drug suspects, including eight high-value targets, were arrested in a span of one week beginning Aug. 19 until Aug. 25.
Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales, director of the Police Regional Office XI, said the heightened anti-drug operations were in response to the directive of President Rodrigo Duterte to respond to the proliferation of illegal drugs.
Morales said they launched 19 anti-drug operations and seized a total of 12 grams of shabu.
One of the drug suspects was killed when he reportedly shot it out with the police on Aug. 26 along GE Torres Street (formerly Sandawa) in Barangay 76-A.
On the other hand, they also caught 46 fugitives this past week. These individuals with pending criminal cases will be brought to the court for trial.
Morales warned the fugitives that the police will always hunt them down.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy