Twenty-four drug suspects, including eight high-value targets, were arrested in a span of one week beginning Aug. 19 until Aug. 25.
Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales, director of the Police Regional Office XI, said the heightened anti-drug operations were in response to the directive of President Rodrigo Duterte to respond to the proliferation of illegal drugs.
Morales said they launched 19 anti-drug operations and seized a total of 12 grams of shabu.
One of the drug suspects was killed when he reportedly shot it out with the police on Aug. 26 along GE Torres Street (formerly Sandawa) in Barangay 76-A.
On the other hand, they also caught 46 fugitives this past week. These individuals with pending criminal cases will be brought to the court for trial.
Morales warned the fugitives that the police will always hunt them down.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon