Twenty-four drug suspects, including eight high-value targets, were arrested in a span of one week beginning Aug. 19 until Aug. 25.
Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales, director of the Police Regional Office XI, said the heightened anti-drug operations were in response to the directive of President Rodrigo Duterte to respond to the proliferation of illegal drugs.
Morales said they launched 19 anti-drug operations and seized a total of 12 grams of shabu.
One of the drug suspects was killed when he reportedly shot it out with the police on Aug. 26 along GE Torres Street (formerly Sandawa) in Barangay 76-A.
On the other hand, they also caught 46 fugitives this past week. These individuals with pending criminal cases will be brought to the court for trial.
Morales warned the fugitives that the police will always hunt them down.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market