An ex-convict who ranked nine in Davao City Police Office (DCPO)’s watchlist was killed in a buy-bust operation by the elements of Talomo Police Precinct along Sandawa road in Barangay 76-A around 2 p.m. on Sunday.
The Drug Enforcement Unit of the Talomo police, led by Chief Insp. Ronald Lao, conducted the operation to arrest the suspect, Rico Ainin Doldolla, 40, a resident of Piapi, Barangay 21-C.
The suspect was earlier committed for a case of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002), RA 10591 (Illegal Possession of Firearms), and robbery.
He also said the suspect was a high-value target of both the DCPO and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI.
According to the report, the suspect sold a sachet of shabu to an undercover agent in exchange for P1,000.
The policeman announced his authority but the suspect reportedly drew his firearm from his right pants pocket and fired it toward the arresting officer. Other police officers engaged the suspect who went down.
The suspect was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) but was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician. Recovered from his possession were two sachets of shabu.
The homemade 9mm Taurus pistol loaded with three live bullets was also recovered from the shootout site.
All of the recovered pieces were submitted to the Regional Crime Laboratory Office XI for forensic examination.
“This is a dire consequence if a suspect will get himself involved in illegal drugs and also a clear warning to those drug syndicates who are still trying to intrude Davao Region that we will totally cleanse our region as we wage the war on drugs,” Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales, the director of Police Regional Office Xi, said.
“It is not fair that a person like him to continue engaging in illicit activities and ruin the lives of the innocent people,” he added.
Morales said Doldolia was temporarily released after posting bail with the RTC Branch 13 in Davao City for violation of Sec. 11, Article 2 of RA 9165.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?