Amid the issue on illegally parked vehicles along sidewalks, the City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) is now accepting complaints via social media.
CTTMO chief Dionisio Abude has informed the public that they welcome reports submitted to their office via their official Facebook page or e-mail.
“Motorists can take a picture and send it to the CTTMO Facebook page or email to CTTMO,” Abude told reporters.
The Facebook page is named “City Transport and Traffic Management Office (Davao City)” and the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abude said they are serious in implementing the illegal parking ordinance.
“Every time I see illegally parked vehicles in the sidewalks, especially along Quimpo Boulevard, I will immediately call our towing vehicle,” Abude said.
Amid the viral video on “5-minute girl,” the lady prosecutor who argued with the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) personnel on a supposed traffic violation, Abude explained the procedure here in the city.
If there is an illegally parked or abandoned vehicle, “our towing vehicle will locate the driver in case he or she is just in the vicinity,” Abude said.
“After some moments that the driver can really not be located, it will be towed. But, if the driver arrives, say, after 10 minutes, without any activity from the personnel yet, the driver may just be issued a citation ticket and the vehicle may no longer be towed,” Abude added.
But once the vehicle is already carried by the towing vehicle and the driver arrives, Abude said “it will really be towed.”
During the Kadayawan weekend last week, Abude said they towed 14 vehicles.
“We hit the ground at 2 a.m. for the clearing of the route. We started towing at 4 a.m. and finished nearly 6 a.m. because of the number of the illegally parked vehicles,” Abude said.
All the vehicles were already claimed after paying the towing fee of P1,500.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market