Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio denied the circulating reports that she is pushing former broadcaster Jay Sonza to replace Secretary Martin Andanar to head the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO).
“I am not aware that Mr. Sonza is seeking a PCOO post,” she said.
She also denied that she has a close personal relationship with Sonza.
“I’m not sure if I have ever met him, I cannot remember any meeting whether casual or official. But I know he is very close to PRRD,” Duterte added in her message.
The news website Politiko earlier reported that Andanar will be ousted and Sonza will replace him as the communications secretary.
The report claimed that Sonza was being considered for the post due to the numerous blunders committed by the PCOO.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission