Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio denied the circulating reports that she is pushing former broadcaster Jay Sonza to replace Secretary Martin Andanar to head the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO).
“I am not aware that Mr. Sonza is seeking a PCOO post,” she said.
She also denied that she has a close personal relationship with Sonza.
“I’m not sure if I have ever met him, I cannot remember any meeting whether casual or official. But I know he is very close to PRRD,” Duterte added in her message.
The news website Politiko earlier reported that Andanar will be ousted and Sonza will replace him as the communications secretary.
The report claimed that Sonza was being considered for the post due to the numerous blunders committed by the PCOO.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized