Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio denied the circulating reports that she is pushing former broadcaster Jay Sonza to replace Secretary Martin Andanar to head the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO).
“I am not aware that Mr. Sonza is seeking a PCOO post,” she said.
She also denied that she has a close personal relationship with Sonza.
“I’m not sure if I have ever met him, I cannot remember any meeting whether casual or official. But I know he is very close to PRRD,” Duterte added in her message.
The news website Politiko earlier reported that Andanar will be ousted and Sonza will replace him as the communications secretary.
The report claimed that Sonza was being considered for the post due to the numerous blunders committed by the PCOO.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year