Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio denied the circulating reports that she is pushing former broadcaster Jay Sonza to replace Secretary Martin Andanar to head the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO).
“I am not aware that Mr. Sonza is seeking a PCOO post,” she said.
She also denied that she has a close personal relationship with Sonza.
“I’m not sure if I have ever met him, I cannot remember any meeting whether casual or official. But I know he is very close to PRRD,” Duterte added in her message.
The news website Politiko earlier reported that Andanar will be ousted and Sonza will replace him as the communications secretary.
The report claimed that Sonza was being considered for the post due to the numerous blunders committed by the PCOO.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?