Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio denied the circulating reports that she is pushing former broadcaster Jay Sonza to replace Secretary Martin Andanar to head the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO).
“I am not aware that Mr. Sonza is seeking a PCOO post,” she said.
She also denied that she has a close personal relationship with Sonza.
“I’m not sure if I have ever met him, I cannot remember any meeting whether casual or official. But I know he is very close to PRRD,” Duterte added in her message.
The news website Politiko earlier reported that Andanar will be ousted and Sonza will replace him as the communications secretary.
The report claimed that Sonza was being considered for the post due to the numerous blunders committed by the PCOO.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories