A total of 459 new police officers in Davao region undergo the Basic Internal Security Operations Course (BISOC) held at the Police Regional Office (PRO).
The opening and reception program was held at the grandstand of Camp Quintin Merecido in Buhangin around 8 a.m. yesterday.
PRO 11 spokesperson Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz said the course, which runs for 60 training days, is an enhancement of the 45-day Special Counter-Insurgency Operations Unit Training (SCOUT).
“This is the third batch of trainees since the implementation of BISOC in the region,” Driz said.
The training is designed to equip the new officers with the knowledge, attitude, skills, and values that make them more capable and skilled once they get assigned to the public safety forces.
It also lays down the concept of small unit operations’ Standard Operational Procedures and the Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) for operations especially in the areas of counter insurgency, develop initiatives and attitude that would live traces of advantage against enemy forces.
In his message yesterday, police regional director Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales encouraged the trainees to absorb the instruction that would surely result to improve their ability and competence hence they can make the Davaoeños safe and secured from the all level of threats of insurgency, terrorism and criminality.
He advised trainees to keep an attitude in the rigors of training and develop a self-made discipline to combat laziness, stress and pain.
The 60-day course will be facilitated by the Regional Special Training Unit inside PRO headquarters and other places as the case may direct.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized