A total of 459 new police officers in Davao region undergo the Basic Internal Security Operations Course (BISOC) held at the Police Regional Office (PRO).
The opening and reception program was held at the grandstand of Camp Quintin Merecido in Buhangin around 8 a.m. yesterday.
PRO 11 spokesperson Chief Insp. Milgrace Driz said the course, which runs for 60 training days, is an enhancement of the 45-day Special Counter-Insurgency Operations Unit Training (SCOUT).
“This is the third batch of trainees since the implementation of BISOC in the region,” Driz said.
The training is designed to equip the new officers with the knowledge, attitude, skills, and values that make them more capable and skilled once they get assigned to the public safety forces.
It also lays down the concept of small unit operations’ Standard Operational Procedures and the Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) for operations especially in the areas of counter insurgency, develop initiatives and attitude that would live traces of advantage against enemy forces.
In his message yesterday, police regional director Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales encouraged the trainees to absorb the instruction that would surely result to improve their ability and competence hence they can make the Davaoeños safe and secured from the all level of threats of insurgency, terrorism and criminality.
He advised trainees to keep an attitude in the rigors of training and develop a self-made discipline to combat laziness, stress and pain.
The 60-day course will be facilitated by the Regional Special Training Unit inside PRO headquarters and other places as the case may direct.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission