The clashes between the troops of 27th Infantry battalion and communist guerrillas in Maasim, Sarangani Province yielded a rifle and ammunition on Sunday.
Capt. Jershome Butt, the acting spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, said around 2 p.m., government forces engaged more than 30 members of communist rebels operating in the areas of Maasim in a series of encounters in Sitio Hitman-El, Barangay Lumasal of said municipality.
They recovered one M16 rifle, three rifle grenades, personal belongings, and subversive documents.
Lt. Col. Brisal Otida, the commander of 27th Infantry Battalion, said his troops acted on the tip of the residents in the community. “We were able to track down the enemy because of the information given by the local populace regarding the presence of the NPA terrorists in their area,” Otida said.
Meanwhile, Brig. Gen. Roberto T. Ancan, commander of the 1002nd Infantry Brigade, has directed the 27th IB to intensify the military offensives in the area.
“Put more pressure on the enemy and maximize the use of our assets to make them demoralized,” Ancan said.
Maj. Gen. Noel S. Clement, commander of the 10th ID, commended the troops on the achievement.
He further encouraged the residents to continue supporting the government in its efforts to drive away the NPA in their communities.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021