The clashes between the troops of 27th Infantry battalion and communist guerrillas in Maasim, Sarangani Province yielded a rifle and ammunition on Sunday.
Capt. Jershome Butt, the acting spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, said around 2 p.m., government forces engaged more than 30 members of communist rebels operating in the areas of Maasim in a series of encounters in Sitio Hitman-El, Barangay Lumasal of said municipality.
They recovered one M16 rifle, three rifle grenades, personal belongings, and subversive documents.
Lt. Col. Brisal Otida, the commander of 27th Infantry Battalion, said his troops acted on the tip of the residents in the community. “We were able to track down the enemy because of the information given by the local populace regarding the presence of the NPA terrorists in their area,” Otida said.
Meanwhile, Brig. Gen. Roberto T. Ancan, commander of the 1002nd Infantry Brigade, has directed the 27th IB to intensify the military offensives in the area.
“Put more pressure on the enemy and maximize the use of our assets to make them demoralized,” Ancan said.
Maj. Gen. Noel S. Clement, commander of the 10th ID, commended the troops on the achievement.
He further encouraged the residents to continue supporting the government in its efforts to drive away the NPA in their communities.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence