Mayor Sara Duterte commended the outgoing commander of the 16th Infantry Battalion for his contributions in making Paquibato District ready for development.
The mayor was the guest of honor and speaker at the army battalion’s headquarters in Barangay Dalisay, Panabo City, Davao del Norte around 3 p.m. on Monday.
Lt. Col. Rey Pasco, the former assistant chief of staff for civil-military operations (CMO) of the 2nd Infantry Division, Camp Capinpin, Tanay Rizal, replaced Lt. Col Darren Comia as the commander of 16th Infantry (Maglilingkod) Battalion.
Comia was designated as the assistant chief of staff for civil-military-operations (CMO) of the 2nd ID.
Maj. Gen. Rhoderick Parayno, the commander of the 2nd Infantry Division, presided on the turnover of command ceremony.
In his speech, Lt. Col. Darren Comia, the outgoing commander, thanked the local government and other officials for their support since he assumed leadership in May 2016.
“Honestly, last week I had already a separation anxiety as I will be leaving but I will be turning over the command to my successor,” Comia said.
Paquibato District has always had problems with insurgency. The far-flung communities are isolated from the government services because of the threat posed by the rebels.
During her speech, Mayor Duterte commended Comia for his efforts.
“Don’t feel separation anxiety, sir, because there is still one position in Davao city that is worthy of your passion and dedication and that is being the Task Force Davao commander,” the mayor said.
Duterte credited the 16th IB for the “relative peace” enjoyed by the communities in Paquibato. She also said that more and more residents in the area have become more receptive to the efforts of the government to improve their lives.
She also hopes that Pasco will build on the success of his predecessor to continue to preserve the peace and security of Davao City and Davao del Norte.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB