An alleged member of the New People’s Army (NPA) was killed in a clash against the 29th IB in Barangay San Isidro, Santiago, Agusan del Norte on Sunday.
Captain Al Anthony Pueblas, civil-military operations (CMO) officer of 402nd Infantry Brigade, told TIMES yesterday that the gunfight happened after the 29th IB launched security operations in response to a report received from concerned civilians on the presence of the rebels in the area.
Pueblas said the five-minute clash resulted to the death of a member of the Sentro de Grabidad of the Guerilla Front 16 in North Eastern Mindanao Regional Committee.
Seized in the encounter site were one M16 rifle, one bandolier with six magazines, and live ammunitions.
The body was turned over to the local officials of San Isidro for proper identification.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission