An alleged member of the New People’s Army (NPA) was killed in a clash against the 29th IB in Barangay San Isidro, Santiago, Agusan del Norte on Sunday.
Captain Al Anthony Pueblas, civil-military operations (CMO) officer of 402nd Infantry Brigade, told TIMES yesterday that the gunfight happened after the 29th IB launched security operations in response to a report received from concerned civilians on the presence of the rebels in the area.
Pueblas said the five-minute clash resulted to the death of a member of the Sentro de Grabidad of the Guerilla Front 16 in North Eastern Mindanao Regional Committee.
Seized in the encounter site were one M16 rifle, one bandolier with six magazines, and live ammunitions.
The body was turned over to the local officials of San Isidro for proper identification.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon