An alleged member of the New People’s Army (NPA) was killed in a clash against the 29th IB in Barangay San Isidro, Santiago, Agusan del Norte on Sunday.
Captain Al Anthony Pueblas, civil-military operations (CMO) officer of 402nd Infantry Brigade, told TIMES yesterday that the gunfight happened after the 29th IB launched security operations in response to a report received from concerned civilians on the presence of the rebels in the area.
Pueblas said the five-minute clash resulted to the death of a member of the Sentro de Grabidad of the Guerilla Front 16 in North Eastern Mindanao Regional Committee.
Seized in the encounter site were one M16 rifle, one bandolier with six magazines, and live ammunitions.
The body was turned over to the local officials of San Isidro for proper identification.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021