Security authorities said the just-concluded Kadayawan festival celebration was peaceful.
Sr. Insp. Ma. Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said they only recorded minor incidents such as missing children.
However, those children were immediately found.
“There were pickpocket incidents but it is still subject for validation,” Gaspan said.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, commander of Task Force Davao, said there was no untoward incident during the festivity.
“This is due to the concerted effort of all security and safety clusters to ensure a successful Kadayawan festival,” Mempin said.
“We also commend the Dabawenyos for their support and cooperation to TF Davao’s stringent security measures to protect the Davao City against any terror plan,” he further said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021