Security authorities said the just-concluded Kadayawan festival celebration was peaceful.
Sr. Insp. Ma. Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said they only recorded minor incidents such as missing children.
However, those children were immediately found.
“There were pickpocket incidents but it is still subject for validation,” Gaspan said.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, commander of Task Force Davao, said there was no untoward incident during the festivity.
“This is due to the concerted effort of all security and safety clusters to ensure a successful Kadayawan festival,” Mempin said.
“We also commend the Dabawenyos for their support and cooperation to TF Davao’s stringent security measures to protect the Davao City against any terror plan,” he further said.
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled