Kisan Lu Lands yesterday ruled the floral float competition, the highlight of the 33rd Kadayawan sa Dabaw celebration.
The land developer bagged the grand spot in the Daku (Big) Category of Pamulak sa Kadayawan, taking P700,000.
It’s the third first-place win for the Davao-based company in the same category of the competition. They won twice in a row — 2015 and 2016.
Kisan Lu bested six other contingents in the category, including second placer International Pharmaceuticals Incorporate (with P500,000 prize) and third placer VXI Global Holdings (with P300,000 prize).
In the Gamay (Small) category, Teleperformance scored the grand prize with a prize of P300,000.
Camella Homes placed second with P200,000 and S&R received P100,000 for placing third.
There were 24 contingents in the Gamay category.
The Davao Horse Club was the champion in the Lahi (Alternative) Category, a second win in a row.
The group bagged the prize of P100,000.
Dabawenyo UK Corporation placed second (with P50,000 prize) and Man’s Best Friend ranked third (with P30,000 prize).
A total of eight contingents joined in the Lahi category.
In the Pitik Kadayawan, 14 contingents were in the competition.
The Asuncion Drumbeaters won the top spot, bagging the grand prize of P200,000. They were also awarded with the department award for the best float among the Pitik Kadayawan contingents.
Placing second with P50,000 prize was the Caraga Drumbeaters while the Bambad National High School was on the third place (with P100,000 prize).
The Davao Eagle Drum Beaters and the Mati National Comprehensive High School were awarded fourth and fifth placers, respectively. Both received P50,000.
In her speech, Mayor Sara Duterte thanked the 11 tribes, through their respective deputy mayor, for the successful celebration.
Mayor Duterte also extended her gratitude to all office heads and the security agencies such as the Philippine National Police (Davao City Police Office) and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (Task Force Davao).
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission