Two alleged drug den owners and nine others were arrested in separate buy-bust operations in barangays Cuambugan and La Filipina in Tagum City on Wednesday evening.
Antonio Rivera, the director of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, told TIMES yesterday that the first operation was led by the joint elements of PDEA-Davao del Norte and Tagum City Police Station’s Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) in Purok Bagani, Barangay Cuambungan around 10 p.m.
Arrested in the dragnet were Marivic Tan Cases Cubio alias Marivic Wong (drug den maintainer), Rodelio Muaña Tan Casis, Relito Wong Tan Casis, Catherine Mustacho Marqueda, and Louie Jay Ligutom.
Around 11 grams of suspected shabu, with an estimated street value of P165,000, were seized in the operation.
Around 11:30 p.m. of the same day, the joint elements of PDEA-Davao del Norte and Tagum City DEU completed a buy-bust at Purok 2-B in Barangay La Filipina, resulting in the arrest of Mae Burang Barriga, (the alleged drug den maintainer), and her clients Randy Villegas, Arlyn Silvosa, Jonard Avelino and Louie Art Llesis.
The team seized 10 grams of suspected shabu with a street value of P150,000.
The suspects are being held in the PDEA XI detention facility for the filing of the appropriate case for violating sections 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, and 15 of R.A. 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos