Lawmakers approved the P9 million aid package to 12 flood-stricken provinces in Luzon during a special session yesterday.
The City Council convened on the request of City Administrator Zuleika Lopez to tackle the proposed financial assistance of the city for the remaining local government units in the north affected by the tropical storms “Inday,” “Josie,” and “Karding.”
Davao City donated P500,000 for each of the municipalities of San Jose de Buenavista, Province of Antique; Hamtic, Province of Antique; Hagonoy, Province of Antique; San Mateo, Province of Rizal; San Luis, Province of Pampanga; and Alaminos City, Province of Pangasinan.
Meanwhile, San Carlos City, Pangasinan, and the provinces Bataan, Nueva Ecija, Pangasinan, Bulacan, and Cavite will receive P 1 million worth of financial aid each.
“With the blessings in the city, the aid that we give to our brothers and sisters in the areas hit with calamities are of a big help regardless of the amount rendered,” said Assistant City Administrator Tristan Dwight Domingo during the iSpeak forum in City Hall yesterday.
“I am sure that the recipient LGUs would efficiently use this (money),” he said.
Earlier this week, the City Council also convened to approve the P1 million aid package to Marikina, which has a sisterhood agreement with Davao City.
Prior to this, the city has already given aid to 12 LGUs heavily affected by floods brought by typhoons and monsoon winds earlier this year.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized