Lawmakers approved the P9 million aid package to 12 flood-stricken provinces in Luzon during a special session yesterday.
The City Council convened on the request of City Administrator Zuleika Lopez to tackle the proposed financial assistance of the city for the remaining local government units in the north affected by the tropical storms “Inday,” “Josie,” and “Karding.”
Davao City donated P500,000 for each of the municipalities of San Jose de Buenavista, Province of Antique; Hamtic, Province of Antique; Hagonoy, Province of Antique; San Mateo, Province of Rizal; San Luis, Province of Pampanga; and Alaminos City, Province of Pangasinan.
Meanwhile, San Carlos City, Pangasinan, and the provinces Bataan, Nueva Ecija, Pangasinan, Bulacan, and Cavite will receive P 1 million worth of financial aid each.
“With the blessings in the city, the aid that we give to our brothers and sisters in the areas hit with calamities are of a big help regardless of the amount rendered,” said Assistant City Administrator Tristan Dwight Domingo during the iSpeak forum in City Hall yesterday.
“I am sure that the recipient LGUs would efficiently use this (money),” he said.
Earlier this week, the City Council also convened to approve the P1 million aid package to Marikina, which has a sisterhood agreement with Davao City.
Prior to this, the city has already given aid to 12 LGUs heavily affected by floods brought by typhoons and monsoon winds earlier this year.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?