The Police Regional Office (PRO) XI will have its new regional director today in a turnover ceremony that will be held in Camp Quintin Merecido, Barangay Catitipan, Buhangin District.
Chief Supt. Manuel Gaerlan, the outgoing regional director, already reached the mandatory retirement age of 56 years old by Aug. 18. He served for more than two years from March 31, 2016 to Aug. 18, 2018.
The turnover of command ceremony will start around 1 p.m. today at the Bagani Hall of PRO XI.
Assistant Secretary Alexander Macario of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) will be the guest of honor and speaker during the ceremony.
Gaerlan is a member of the Philippine Military Academy “Sandiwa” class of 1985. He is the classmate of the ruling class of the AFP, Gen. Carlito Galvez, the chief of staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP); Lt. Gen. Benjamin Madrigal, the commander of Eastern Mindanao Command (EastMinCom); Lt. Gen. Arnel Dela Vega, the commander of Western Mindanao Command; Maj. Gen Noel Clement, the commander of 10th Infantry Division; and Maj. Gen. Ronald Villanueva, the commander of 4th Infantry Division.
Gaerlan was named officer-in-charge of the Police Regional Office XI by former PNP director general Ricardo Marquez. He replaced Chief Supt. Wendy Rosario who also retired from service. Prior to his assumption, Gaerlan was the OIC of the Police Regional Office VII in Cebu City. He was also the deputy chief of the Directorate of Human Resource and Management in Camp Crame.
In an earlier interview this month, Gaerlan said that PNP Chief Director General Oscar Albayalde will be the one who has the list and will announce the next regional director.
Gaerlan said only PNP Director General Oscar Albayalde has the list of candidates to replace him as the PRO XI director.
However, Chief Supt. Valeriano De Leon, the current chief of the Firearms and Explosives Division of the PNP National Headquarters, is rumored to be the next in line. De Leon also served as the OIC of the Davao City Police Office and the deputy regional director for operations so he is familiar with the local terrain.
The name of Chief Supt, Filmore Escobal, who was the deputy commander of the Presidential Security Group (PSG) upon the appointment of President Rodrigo Duterte last 2016, also cropped up as a possible replacement.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success