In celebration of the 33rd Kadayawan Festival, the city government partnered with the private sector to give free bus ride to Davaoeños.
Four buses will offer the free rides from Aug. 14 to 28 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
The identified bus stops are in SM Lanang, Abreeza Mall, Victoria Plaza, Gaisano Mall of Davao, Magsaysay Park, Ateneo de Davao University (Roxas Street), People’s Park, City Hall (back), John Paul College, and SM City Davao.
Each bus has a 60-seating capacity, as well as additional 10 passengers if they stand on the aisle. It also has free WiFi, GPS, and CCTVs.
“Its purpose is to cater those who will join the Kadayawan festival for them to be able to join the events, especially the various indoor and outdoor events,” City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) chief Dioniso Abude said Tuesday.
Two police officers and one CTTMO personnel will assist passengers for each bus.
There is also City Environment Natural Resources Office personnel to be assigned at the starting point (SM City Davao) and the end point (SM Lanang) to inspect the vehicles before taking the route.
The buses are sponsored by the Vallacar Transit Inc. and the Island City Express, Inc. through the initiative of the Mindanao Star Bus line and Bachelor Express.
The City Government provided the meals for the drivers, bus conductors, and security personnel. An interval of 40 minutes is given to each of the buses.
In its launch, two were deployed at SM City Davao and the other two were at SM Lanang.
“I am inviting all passengers, especially those who wish to experience Kadayawan’s events to avail the free ride, just take note of the buses,” said Abude.
Abude also underscored that these vehicles have similar designs and features to High Priority Bus System, which is eyed to be implemented next year.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market