In celebration of the 33rd Kadayawan Festival, the city government partnered with the private sector to give free bus ride to Davaoeños.
Four buses will offer the free rides from Aug. 14 to 28 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
The identified bus stops are in SM Lanang, Abreeza Mall, Victoria Plaza, Gaisano Mall of Davao, Magsaysay Park, Ateneo de Davao University (Roxas Street), People’s Park, City Hall (back), John Paul College, and SM City Davao.
Each bus has a 60-seating capacity, as well as additional 10 passengers if they stand on the aisle. It also has free WiFi, GPS, and CCTVs.
“Its purpose is to cater those who will join the Kadayawan festival for them to be able to join the events, especially the various indoor and outdoor events,” City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) chief Dioniso Abude said Tuesday.
Two police officers and one CTTMO personnel will assist passengers for each bus.
There is also City Environment Natural Resources Office personnel to be assigned at the starting point (SM City Davao) and the end point (SM Lanang) to inspect the vehicles before taking the route.
The buses are sponsored by the Vallacar Transit Inc. and the Island City Express, Inc. through the initiative of the Mindanao Star Bus line and Bachelor Express.
The City Government provided the meals for the drivers, bus conductors, and security personnel. An interval of 40 minutes is given to each of the buses.
In its launch, two were deployed at SM City Davao and the other two were at SM Lanang.
“I am inviting all passengers, especially those who wish to experience Kadayawan’s events to avail the free ride, just take note of the buses,” said Abude.
Abude also underscored that these vehicles have similar designs and features to High Priority Bus System, which is eyed to be implemented next year.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1