A survey conducted by the Institute of Popular Opinion of the University of Mindanao revealed that 97% of Davaoeños will vote for Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio if she decides for a senatorial seat.
The survey had 1,200 respondents and their opinions were gathered from July 13 to July 18. They were also asked who they will vote to replace Duterte as the mayor of Davao City.
Eleven in 15 Davaoeños or 75% believe that the mayor will gun for a senatorial seat in 2019. Additionally, 84% of the residents think that the chief executive is ready for a national position.
They cited experience (98%), talent (95%), and political machinery (58%) as the factors for the readiness of the mayor. The survey, however, deduced that there is a need for the mayor to step up her political machinery.
As replacements, the names of former vice mayor Paolo Duterte (49%), Karlo Norgales (38%), current vice-mayor Bernard Al-ag (5%), Danilo Dayanghirang (2%), and Mabel Acosta (2%) came up.
Baste Duterte (0.58%), and Manases Carpio (0.17%), the mayor’s husband, were also considered by some of the respondents.
Other than Sara Duterte, the senatorial bets of the Davaoeños include Special Assistant to the President (SAP) Bong Go (76%); Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa (64%); Grace Poe (51%); Pia Cayetano (50%); Sonny Angara (45%); Neri Colmenares (33%); Francis Tolentino (31%); JV Ejercito (29%); Cynthia Villar (26%); Nancy Binay (20%); Lito Lapid (16%), Bam Aquino (15%); Teofisto Guingona III (14%); and Christopher Belmonte (14%).
The President’s communications assistant secretary, Mocha Uson, garnered support from six percent of the respondents.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success