The Tourism Promotions Board is holding the second leg of its Travel Fair on August 16 to 18 at the SM Lanang Premier as part of the city’s celebration of the Kadayawan Festival.
The goal of the event, which is expected to draw 50 participants, is to promote the industry to tourists through a venue that will allow industry stakeholders to promote their products and services.
Katherine Anuta of the Department of Tourism XI also said that they are expecting exclusive packages and promotional campaigns that participants will launch during three-day event.
Anuta said the event is a way to promote the destinations of the city as well as enticing the people to travel to other parts of the country, especially those with direct flights from the city.
She said there are also accommodation establishments that are expected to join and bare their promotional campaigns.
Aside from the fair, there will also be raffle draws with winners getting travel coupons from participants.
Another key sub-event is the Travel Exchange, a venue for tourism stakeholders to discuss issues as well as go into networking.
The agency held its first Travel Fair in Albay last May and that another one will be held in Bacolod at a still unknown date.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon