The Tourism Promotions Board is holding the second leg of its Travel Fair on August 16 to 18 at the SM Lanang Premier as part of the city’s celebration of the Kadayawan Festival.
The goal of the event, which is expected to draw 50 participants, is to promote the industry to tourists through a venue that will allow industry stakeholders to promote their products and services.
Katherine Anuta of the Department of Tourism XI also said that they are expecting exclusive packages and promotional campaigns that participants will launch during three-day event.
Anuta said the event is a way to promote the destinations of the city as well as enticing the people to travel to other parts of the country, especially those with direct flights from the city.
She said there are also accommodation establishments that are expected to join and bare their promotional campaigns.
Aside from the fair, there will also be raffle draws with winners getting travel coupons from participants.
Another key sub-event is the Travel Exchange, a venue for tourism stakeholders to discuss issues as well as go into networking.
The agency held its first Travel Fair in Albay last May and that another one will be held in Bacolod at a still unknown date.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos