Former councilor and now barangay captain Edgar Ibuyan returns to the City Council as the representative of the city’s Association of Barangay Captains.
Ibuyan won as vice president in the last ABC elections but because no one ran for president, he took the post after a nod was granted by the national board of the organization.
He took his oath as chairman of the Committee on Barangay Affairs before Vice Mayor Bernard Al-ag yesterday.
His son Edgar Ibuyan Jr., is also a member of the council and heads the Committee on Games and Amusements.
Ibuyan Sr., in an interview yesterday alluded to these familial ties, saying: “In history, I have been the councilor while he (Ibuyan Jr.) was the ABC president. He also became a vice president (to the ABC) once. It has been so many years that we were together in the council. This time, it is the second (time) that he is councilor while I am the Liga ng mga Baragay president.”
He will work with his colleagues in the ABC to identify priority programs and projects and to continue the initiatives of the former ABC president January Duterte.
A special election to fill the post of vice president is expected to be done after the Kadayawan celebration as they anticipate a hectic schedule during the festivities.
The unfinished business of former ABC president January Duterte is expected to be turned over to Ibuyan Sr. for completion.
“I call all barangay captains to eradicate factions to be able to come up with the identification of challenges and be harmonious in the Liga,” Ibuyan said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon