Five alleged mass supporters of the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army surrendered to the 71st Infantry Battalion in Purok 8, Barangay Nueva Visayas, Mawab, Compostela Valley last week.
Capt. Jershome Butt, the acting spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, said the five mass supporters surrendered without firearms to the 71st IB under Lt. Col. Esteveyn Ducusin, the battalion commander.
They were identified as alias Ricky, 22, resident of Purok 6, Sitio Lono-Lono, Barangay Sawangan, Mawab; alias Marvin, 23, resident of Purok 7, Nueva Visayas; alias Ariel, 22, resident of Purok 7, Barangay Nueva Visayas.
They claimed to be mass supporters of Guerrilla Front 2, Sub-Regional Command 2, Southern Mindanao Regional Center.
Meanwhile, alias Benji, 32, and alias Lito, 37, both residents of Purok 9, Mambing, New Corella, were said to be supporters of Guerrilla Front 33, SRC 4, SMRC.
“They were not able to do their work in the farm as they were made to prepare food, bring or hide the firearms and sometimes they suffer a long wait in the jungle just to listen to the lengthy lectures on Communism and things against the Philippine government,” Butt said.
Maj. Gen. Noel Clement, the division commander, said the 10th ID will continue to accept the surrender of CPP-NPAs and their supporters.
“Our units will also conduct reorientation/redirection seminars to the mass supporters of NPA in order for them to be indoctrinated with the true essence of our democracy, true Filipino culture and bring their minds back to support the programs of our duly constituted government,” Clement said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1