Five alleged mass supporters of the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army surrendered to the 71st Infantry Battalion in Purok 8, Barangay Nueva Visayas, Mawab, Compostela Valley last week.
Capt. Jershome Butt, the acting spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, said the five mass supporters surrendered without firearms to the 71st IB under Lt. Col. Esteveyn Ducusin, the battalion commander.
They were identified as alias Ricky, 22, resident of Purok 6, Sitio Lono-Lono, Barangay Sawangan, Mawab; alias Marvin, 23, resident of Purok 7, Nueva Visayas; alias Ariel, 22, resident of Purok 7, Barangay Nueva Visayas.
They claimed to be mass supporters of Guerrilla Front 2, Sub-Regional Command 2, Southern Mindanao Regional Center.
Meanwhile, alias Benji, 32, and alias Lito, 37, both residents of Purok 9, Mambing, New Corella, were said to be supporters of Guerrilla Front 33, SRC 4, SMRC.
“They were not able to do their work in the farm as they were made to prepare food, bring or hide the firearms and sometimes they suffer a long wait in the jungle just to listen to the lengthy lectures on Communism and things against the Philippine government,” Butt said.
Maj. Gen. Noel Clement, the division commander, said the 10th ID will continue to accept the surrender of CPP-NPAs and their supporters.
“Our units will also conduct reorientation/redirection seminars to the mass supporters of NPA in order for them to be indoctrinated with the true essence of our democracy, true Filipino culture and bring their minds back to support the programs of our duly constituted government,” Clement said.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year