Two alleged drug pushers were arrested in separate buy-bust operations conducted by the elements of the Talomo Police Precinct in Rosalina village and Baliok, Talomo District on Monday afternoon.
Chief Insp. Ronald Lao, the precinct commander, told TIMES yesterday that the first operation was conducted by the drug enforcement unit of the station in coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI at Tino barbershop in Purok 7-A, Rosalina Village 3 around 1:30 p.m.
The operation resulted in the arrest of Denmark S. Dano, 38, driver and a resident of Purok 7-A, Rosalina Village 3, Talomo District.
The suspect was arrested after he handed one sachet of shabu in exchange for P1,000 marked bill to a police officer who posed as poseur-buyer.
Also seized from his possession and control were another five sachets of shabu, one My Phone cell phone with Sim Card, and marked money.
All the drug items had an estimated street value of P6,000.
Around 3 p.m. of the same day, Karen Te Basalan, 39, resident of Rosalina subdivision, was arrested in an operation outside the Salabas sari-sari store in the same village.
She reportedly handed one sachet of shabu to an undercover cop in exchange for P1,000 marked bill. Also seized from her possession was another sachet of shabu worth P4,000.
The suspects and the pieces of evidence are now in the custody of the Talomo precinct for the filing of case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos